NYCHA Self Service Portal Login Guide: The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) is a public development corporation serving New York. The company was founded in 1934 and is a self-funding public corporation. NYCHA provides affordable housing for low-income families, the elderly, and people with disabilities within the City of New York. The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) is the nation’s largest municipal housing agency. NYCHA houses over 500,000 residents of New York City in 335 developments located throughout all the five boroughs.
Selfserve.nycha.info: NYCHA residents now have the option to manage their account and housing information online through the new NYCHA Self Service Portal. This portal, known as the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Gov Self Service Portal is an online service that lets residents manage their account as well as their housing information.
The portal provides many advantages such as the ability to check the rent record, pay rent and update your contact information as well as upload documents. The portal also offers residents information on their rights and obligations in their role as NYCHA tenants, and details on local events.
NYCHA Online Self Service Portal Benefits
There are many benefits to having an NYCHA Self Service Portal Login account. A few of them are listed below:
- Check their rent history
- Find out the status of your application online
- Pay rent
- Update Contact information
- Upload documents
- Access to your home information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. information
- You can save time by avoiding waiting in long queues at customer support centers.
About New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA)
Company: The New York City Housing Authority
Founders: Will Adams
Year of establishment: February 1934
CEO: Greg Russ
Headquarters: 90 Church Street, Long Island City, and 787 Atlantic Avenue offices.
Employees (Dec 2020): 13,000
Ticker Symbol: NYCHA
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$$4.1 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$792 Million
Company Website: www1.nyc.gov
NYCHA Tenant Self Service Portal allows residents to complete a variety of tasks, such as pay bills as well as manage their accounts and even submit work orders. The site displays the work order system online while a user is signed in.
The user has the option of selecting a building, development, and unit number. The user can also select the as well as the type of work required, as well as the date when the work must be completed. The system also provides tenants with information on their rights and obligations as tenants.
New York City Housing Authority Tenant Self-Service Portal Login Requirements
- NYCHA Online Self Service Login website address.
- NYCHA Self Service Portal login Valid user name and Password.
- Internet browsers are compatible and work with the NYCHA Self-Service Portal of the NYCHA. Self Service Portal official website.
- Laptop, PC, Smartphone, or Tablet with reliable internet connection.
NYCHA Self Service Portal Login – Step by Step Guide
These are the steps needed to sign in to NYCHA Online Self Service Portal. NYCHA Online Self Service Portal My account login:
- Visit the NYCHA Gov Self Service Portal official website at https://selfserve.nycha.info/.
- You will be taken there to reach the NYCHA Self-Service Portal Login page.
- Now, type in the Username you created and Password.
- Select the “Login” button to access the NYCHA Self-Service Account.
How to Reset NYCHA Gov Self Service Portal Login Password?
Are you unable to remember your NYCHA Tenant Self-Service Account Login password? Here are the steps to recover your password:
- Visit the NYCHA Self Service Portal login official website at https://selfserve.nycha.info/.
- Click on the “Forgot Password” link.
- Enter your Username, then select “Continue.”
- Click on the “Reset Password” button to reset your password.
- An updated password will be sent directly to your email account in a matter of minutes.
- Then, return to the login screen and type in the new password in your login screen.
- That’s it! Now you can log in to the NYCHA Self Service Portal with the new password.
NYCHA Contact Information
If you’re having issues with getting access to or logging into your NYCHA Gov Self Service Portal Login account Contact NYCHA Self Service Portal service: customer service at:
Customer Walk-in Locations for Contact Centers:
478 East Fordham Road (1 Fordham Plaza), 2nd Floor
Bronx, NY 10458
Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Brooklyn/Staten Island/Queens
787 Atlantic Avenue, 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Telephone Number: 718-707-7771
- Email: ServiceECF@NYCHA.NYC.GOV
- New York City Housing Authority Official Website: www1.nyc.gov
- NYCHA Self Service Portal Login Official Website: https://selfserve.nycha.info/
New York City Housing Authority Social Handles:
NYCHA Login Portal FAQs
Q1. How do I reset my NYCHA account?
- the user receives an email, which contains a reset password link.
- When the user clicks the link, the Reset Password page appears. …
- The user must enter a new password. …
- The user clicks the Save Password button.
Q2. How do I check the status of my NYCHA application?
To check the status of an application after filing, applicants can use NYCHA’s “Self-Service Portal” online. The portal allows people to see their priority code, interview dates, and waitlist status. You may also check your application status by phone.
Q3. How do I find my NYCHA account number?
For NYCHA Residents: You will be required to enter your 9-digit Tenant ID and your 9-digit Account Number which are printed on your “Remittance Slip” or “Bank Acceptance Slip” and the upper right-hand corner of your rent statement. Contact your Management Office to obtain your Tenant ID and Account Number.
This is all about the NYCHA Self Service Portal Login at selfserve.nycha.info. We have shared everything related to NYCHA Tenant Self Service Portal, such as how to log in, reset the password, contact information, helpdesk, and more. We hope this article was of some help. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to share them in the comments section below.